Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Rob and I were able to go out last night on a date night in Portsmouth, NH and had an opportunity to reflect on the last year and begin to anticipate all the changes to come in 2009! New job, new school, new house, new baby, new friends, new routine....and on and on! God is really taking me out of my comfort zone but just as I relied on Him in 2008 for all the unexpected turns and twists of life I know that He is faithful and trustworthy so I look ahead to the twists and turns with more excitment and sense of adventure!

Speaking of adventure, we arrived after our two day trek north, last Saturday! It was actually a pretty uneventful drive despite my wrong turn that took us through NYC instead of around NYC! It could have been a nightmare but God is good, Nav systems are awesome, and it was Saturday morning so traffic was light and we got to see the Statue of Liberty and the pretty drive up the west side of Manhatten. The total driving time was 9 hours and we are glad that we split it up in two days as we were all tired from packing and Christmas the day prior. We have spent this past week getting settled, obtaining new drivers licenses, seeing family, and preparing for the start of school and job for Callie and Rob this Monday. We are all looking forward to getting into our new routines. We appreciate all your prayers as you know transition can be new and exciting as well as stressful!

It is my hope to keep this blog up and current to keep family and friends near and far updated on our lives here in New England. I am new to this and have already had a few hair pulling moments trying to figure out all the ways to set this thing up! I am sure I will be in touch with a few of my fellow blogging friends to help me work out some quirks! Hope you all had a wonderrful Christmas and New Year!


Cars are packed and we are headed north.
Daddy presented the kids with new Red Sox hats and Shirt when we arrived in NH.
Helping Grandpa get snow off the roof.

Playing in the snow w/Daddy.










9 comments:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

YAY so glad you guys are joining the blogging world!! Love the pics of the kids in the snow - looks so much fun. We're glad to hear you had a safe trip.

Anne LoGrasso said...

So glad it went well, but we will miss you!

Unknown said...

Wow...what an adventure! Nothing like being thrown right into that Northern weather. Praying for you guys always. Love and Miss ya! ~Erin~

Karyn said...

Glad you started a blog! Can't wait to keep up with your family adventures...sounds like 2009 is off to a busy start! Happy New Year!

Kristie Jackson said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! And you already had a date night, that is awesome. I actually had a business trip years ago in Portsmouth, and had fried lobster in a little hole in the wall place on a main road (not downtown), and I would be embarrassed if you knew how often I have thought of that yummy meal. Do you know what place I am talking about?

Lauren said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Portsmouth is one of my favorite cities - I hope you and your beautiful family will love it too.

Jason Schlosser said...

Welcome back to New England! I am sure you will have a great impact here in your new home and I pray that the adjustment will be pleasant for you and the family. Look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Courtney said...

Kate! I am a friend of April's from Camp Merri Mac.. and I just wanted to say hello! Blogging is so much fun.. I'm on my second one (cause I got married and changed my email address, they required a new blog) but anyway.. it's a lot of fun!

That snow looks amazing. We don't get any in Ga where I live!

Rains Family said...

I'm glad we can keep tabs on you now! Happy New Year to you and we can't wait to see and hear more about your growing family! Many blessings to you all in 2009!