Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pregnancy Update and picture of Kate Pregnant :)

I thought I would bring everyone up to date on the pregnancy as we have now officially entered the third trimester! Yippee!
As many of you know, I don't particularly like any pictures of me taken while I am pregnant for lots of reasons. Anyway, I thought since this is our last baby and since most of you haven't seen me in a few months I would oblige. Scroll down to bottom of post. :)
Update: During my last pregnancy with Charlie I was on bed rest at 28 weeks so I have been monitored a bit more closely throughout this pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks and so far things are looking pretty good. I was a bit concerned this past weekend as I was experiencing some contractions that were not letting up with bed rest so I called the doctor's office Monday morning and they had me go to L&D at the hospital. To be honest I really didn't want to do that and thought that everything was fine but just wanted to make sure given my history. Turns out everything was fine, I was contracting but they weren't too concerned and I am also 50% effaced. So I was told to continue on my modified bed rest and follow up with the doctor.
So this takes us to yesterday's Doctor's visit. (Background info: I am planning on attending the Women's retreat at my old church in Virginia with my sister next weekend.)I got up the courage to ask if they felt comfortable with me traveling and was thrilled when she said I could go because of some test they did at the hospital showed that I was not in danger of going into labor in the next two weeks! So turns out it was worth the hospital trip after all! The rest of the appointment went well except for the part that I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks! See picture below as proof! :) Gotta lay off the sweets! They did an ultra sound to check cervical length and it is shortening but so far still alright. Got to see the baby but she was face down and wouldn't give us a good picture. The u/s tech said she weights approx. 3.2lbs already and that she sees that she has hair! Not surprising as her older sister had a whole head full, highlights and all! A date has also been set for my c-section, May 8th. So if I don't go into labor before then May 8th is the big day. Callie's birthday is the 6th and she is actually hoping that they'll get to share a birthday, we'll see!



Well......it is a picture of "Kate" pregnant just not me! :) It's Kate, from Jon and Kate plus 8! I may only have one baby in my womb but I certainly feel like I look huge!
Will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You are too funny!